Sunday, January 26, 2014

My family and their cars

This post is a short gallery of my ancestors and their motor vehicles.  Anyone have any additional photos to contribute?

My great-grandmother Vera Merriman and her boyfriend in a car, mid-1910s, southern Oregon

My great-grandfather Odin Wadleigh and his car, apparently changing a tire.  Probably early 1920s, Indiana

My great-grandmother Vera Merriman and her car, early 1920s, southern Oregon.  Engraving vehicles with the owners initials (V.V.M. for Vera Vivian Merriman) was apparently popular in that time period.

My grandmother Bettye Brown and my great-grandmother Louetha Jones Brown, probably 1925 or 1926 in Arkansas

My grandmother Bettye Brown in front of the family car, early 1930s

My grandmother Bettye Brown and great-grandmother Louetha Jones Brown, mid-1930s (1936 Buick)

My grandfather Ben Plymale with the family car (1949 Buick Super 8) in 1952, Seattle

Wadleighs in their 1953 Ford Crestline convertible in Long Beach, CA, in1953. Left to right: Bettye Brown Wadleigh, Randy Wadleigh, Louise Custer Wadleigh, Mark Wadleigh, Karen Wadleigh

My dad Randy Wadleigh in front of the family car (1959 Chevrolet Impala Station Wagon), circa 1962 on the California coast

No comments:

Post a Comment