Saturday, September 17, 2011

fun at the beach or pool

With the summer drawing to a close, I've decided to look back on warmer weather by putting together this photo collection of my ancestors enjoying themselves in the water.

My great-grandmother Vera Merriman swimming in Lake Michigan
in about 1915, while attending college in Chicago.

The Wadleigh family swimming at an unknown location about 1929.  Back row, left to right: Mabel Wadleigh
(great-great-aunt), Louise Custer Wadleigh (great-grandmother), Gerald Wadleigh (great-great-uncle). Middle row, left to right: Gerald M. Wadleigh (great-uncle), Eric Wadleigh (great-uncle), Charlotte Wadleigh (cousin). Bottom row, left to right: Paul Wadleigh (grandfather), Gerald T. Wadleigh (cousin).

My great-grandfather Odin Wadleigh and my grandfather Paul Wadleigh, 1930's, at
an unknown location.
My grandmother Patricia Bixby burying her sister Evelyn Bixby in the sand on the Oregon Coast, about 1944.

My grandmother Patricia Bixby at the Oregon Coast, 1940's.

My grandfather Paul Wadleigh (far right) and my great-uncle Eric Wadleigh (far left), with two unidentified friends, 1940's, at an unknown beach.





My great-aunt Shirley Bixby (right) and a friend, on the Oregon Coast, 1940's.





My great-aunt Evelyn Bixby, Oregon Coast, 1940's.


My grandmother Bettye Brown Wadleigh, early 1950's, Long Beach, CA?


Left to right: my dad Randy Wadleigh, uncle Mark Wadleigh, aunt Karen Wadleigh, 1953, Long Beach, CA




My great-grandmother Louise Custer Wadleigh (seated on the right) and unknown friends. Vacationing in Hawaii in the 1950's.



My aunt Catherine Plymale and uncle George Plymale enjoying some Pepsis on the Oregon Coast, 1955.




My great-grandparents Odin and Louise Wadleigh, in Hawaii, 1950's.


My uncle Deane Plymale (left), my aunt Catherine Plymale (middle) and my mom Barbara Plymale (right), at the beach in Port Angeles, WA, in 1960.




My grandmother Bettye Brown Wadleigh at an unknown pool, 1950's.



Left to right: my uncle Deane Plymale, mom Barbara Plymale, uncle George Plymale, aunt Catherine Plymale, in 1964.





My uncle Deane Plymale and my aunt Catherine Plymale jumping into the pool, 1967.




At the beach in Port Angeles, early 1970's.  Left to right: Deane Plymale, Catherine Plymale, Barbara Plymale, Doug Wilks, George Plymale.





My grandmother Patricia Bixby Plymale (far right), with a group of her friends at the beach in Port Angeles, 1983.



Left to right: me, my brother Trevor, my brother Odin and my mom, at a beach near Los Angeles in 1992.



me, my brother Trevor and my brother Odin jumping in the pool in San Diego, 1994.

No comments:

Post a Comment